By L. Ali Khan
Read Online or Download Contemporary Ijtihad PDF
Best islam books
This groundbreaking booklet on glossy Palestinian tradition is going past the standard point of interest of the 1948 warfare to deal with the sooner, youth. Drawing on formerly unavailable biographies of Palestinians (including Palestinian Jews), Salim Tamari deals 11 vignettes of Palestine's cultural lifestyles within the momentous first 1/2 the 20 th century.
Highlighting the dynamic, pluralistic nature of Islamic civilization, Sufia M. Uddin examines the complicated historical past of Islamic kingdom formation in Bangladesh, previously the japanese a part of the Indian province of Bengal. Uddin specializes in major moments within the region's background from medieval to fashionable occasions, reading the interaction of language, renowned and scholarly non secular literature, and the colonial event as they contributed to the construction of a different Bengali-Islamic id.
Şehrengiz is an Ottoman style of poetry written in honor of assorted towns and provincial cities of the Ottoman Empire from the early 16th century to the early eighteenth century. This publication examines the city tradition of Ottoman Istanbul via Şehrengiz, because the Ottoman house tradition and traditions were formed via a continuing fight among conflicting teams practising political and non secular attitudes at odds.
Exploring the specific nature and position of neighborhood pilgrimage traditions between Muslims and Catholics, Muslim and Catholic Pilgrimage Practices attracts quite on south critical Java, Indonesia. during this sector, the hybrid neighborhood Muslim pilgrimage tradition is formed by means of conventional Islam, the Javano-Islamic sultanates, and the Javanese tradition with its powerful Hindu-Buddhist background.
- Rays (Risale-I Nur Collection)
- The Druze and their Faith (Contemporary Issues in the Middle East)
- Islamic Monuments in Cairo: The Practical Guide. New Revised Edition.
- African Muslims in Antebellum America: Transatlantic Stories and Spiritual Struggles
- Shari'a and Muslim Minorities: The wasati and salafi approaches to fiqh al-aqalliyyat al-Muslima (Oxford Islamic Legal Studies)
- Rulers, Religion, and Riches: Why the West Got Rich and the Middle East Did Not (Cambridge Studies in Economics, Choice, and Society)
Extra resources for Contemporary Ijtihad
Contemporary Ijtihad by L. Ali Khan