By Wendy Hui Kyong Chun
Read Online or Download Control and Freedom: Power and Paranoia in the Age of Fiber Optics (MIT Press) PDF
Best history of technology & engineering books
This attention-grabbing e-book can be of as a lot curiosity to engineers as to paintings historians, studying because it does the evolution of computer layout method from the Renaissance to the Age of Machines within the nineteenth century. It offers specific research, evaluating layout strategies of engineers of the fifteenth century Renaissance and the nineteenth century age of machines from a workshop culture to the rational clinical self-discipline used at the present time.
Praised for its skill to kill bugs successfully and affordably and reviled as an ecological chance, DDT keeps to engender ardour around the political spectrum as one of many world's so much debatable chemical insecticides. In DDT and the yankee Century, David Kinkela chronicles using DDT worldwide from 1941 to the current with a selected specialize in the us, which has performed a severe position in encouraging the worldwide use of the pesticide.
This can be a advisor to the sphere id and laboratory research of steel slags present in archaeological sites.
Good earlier than the innovation of maps, gazetteers served because the major geographic referencing process for centuries. along with a really expert index of position names, gazetteers characteristically associated descriptive parts with topographic gains and coordinates. putting Names is electrified via that culture of discursive place-making and by way of modern methods to electronic facts administration that experience revived the gazetteer and guided its improvement in contemporary many years.
- Les barbares. Essai sur la mutation (HORS SERIE LITT) (French Edition)
- Victorian Telegraphy Before Nationalization
- Wiring the World: The Social and Cultural Creation of Global Telegraph Networks (Columbia Studies in International and Global History)
- Mary Somerville: Science, Illumination, and the Female Mind (Cambridge Science Biographies)
- Creating the Twentieth Century: Technical Innovations of 1867-1914 and Their Lasting Impact (Technical Revolutions and Their Lasting Impact)
- Paper Machines: About Cards & Catalogs, 1548-1929 (History and Foundations of Information Science)
Additional resources for Control and Freedom: Power and Paranoia in the Age of Fiber Optics (MIT Press)
Control and Freedom: Power and Paranoia in the Age of Fiber Optics (MIT Press) by Wendy Hui Kyong Chun