By Steven Chermak,Frankie Bailey
This multivolume source is the main vast reference of its sort, supplying a complete precis of the misdeeds, perpetrators, and sufferers concerned about the main memorable crime occasions in American history.
• helps nationwide criteria curriculum
• bargains an intensive choice of fundamental files to motivate severe pondering and analyzing practice
• contains photographs and illustrations to aid convey content material to life
• good points sidebars with illuminating crime evidence and engaging anecdotes
Read or Download Crimes of the Centuries: Notorious Crimes, Criminals, and Criminal Trials in American History [3 volumes]: Notorious Crimes, Criminals, and Criminal Trials in American History PDF
Best murder & mayhem true accounts books
Why are honour killings and honour-related violence (HRV) so vital to appreciate? What do such crimes characterize? and the way does HRV slot in with Western perspectives and perceptions of Islam? This distinctively comparative assortment examines the idea that of HRV opposed to ladies mostly and Muslim girls specifically.
The definitive paintings at the homicide of Dallas patrolman J. D. Tippit—killed forty-five mins after President Kennedy—and its far-reaching implications for the JFK assassination and aftermathAlthough thought of the Rosetta stone of the case opposed to Lee Harvey Oswald, the homicide of Dallas police officer J.
Pierre-Jean Massoni, réputé pour sa strength, son sang-froid et son caractère ombrageux, accepte d'aider l. a. famille Grimaldi dans sa vendetta contre le meurtrier de l'un des siens. Pour mieux piéger le criminel et permettre son arrestation, Massoni gagne sa confiance, allant jusqu'à l'accompagner dans ses méfaits.
A gripping story of homicide, sorcery, and felony justice in turn-of-the-century Chicago, Poisoned is the attention-grabbing precise tale of a mysterious Bohemian fortune teller charged with murdering a half-dozen humans through slowly poisoning them with arsenic. Poisoned information the terrible murders, and the magnificent occasions that Herman Billik's conviction: final moment reprieves; felony battles carried all of the option to the preferrred courtroom; frenzied mass demonstrations; corpses secretly exhumed in the course of the evening; and the revelation that key witnesses lied lower than oath.
- Women, Murder and Femininity: Gender Representations of Women Who Kill (Cultural Criminology)
- Rethinking Serial Murder, Spree Killing, and Atrocities: Beyond the Usual Distinctions (Routledge Advances in Sociology)
- Everyday Murders
- Anatomy of Mass Murders: Expanded Edition
- Fatal Intentions: True Canadian Crime Stories
- Betrayed: The shocking story of two undercover cops
Extra info for Crimes of the Centuries: Notorious Crimes, Criminals, and Criminal Trials in American History [3 volumes]: Notorious Crimes, Criminals, and Criminal Trials in American History
Crimes of the Centuries: Notorious Crimes, Criminals, and Criminal Trials in American History [3 volumes]: Notorious Crimes, Criminals, and Criminal Trials in American History by Steven Chermak,Frankie Bailey