By Sarah Easterby-Smith
Read Online or Download Cultivating Commerce: Cultures of Botany in Britain and France, 1760–1815 (Science in History) PDF
Best history of technology & engineering books
This attention-grabbing publication might be of as a lot curiosity to engineers as to paintings historians, reading because it does the evolution of desktop layout technique from the Renaissance to the Age of Machines within the nineteenth century. It presents exact research, evaluating layout ideas of engineers of the fifteenth century Renaissance and the nineteenth century age of machines from a workshop culture to the rational medical self-discipline used this present day.
Praised for its skill to kill bugs successfully and affordably and reviled as an ecological possibility, DDT maintains to engender ardour around the political spectrum as one of many world's such a lot debatable chemical insecticides. In DDT and the yankee Century, David Kinkela chronicles using DDT all over the world from 1941 to the current with a specific specialise in the USA, which has performed a severe function in encouraging the worldwide use of the pesticide.
It is a advisor to the sector identity and laboratory research of metal slags present in archaeological sites.
Good prior to the innovation of maps, gazetteers served because the major geographic referencing procedure for centuries. such as a really good index of position names, gazetteers commonly associated descriptive components with topographic beneficial properties and coordinates. putting Names is galvanized via that culture of discursive place-making and by means of modern methods to electronic info administration that experience revived the gazetteer and guided its improvement in contemporary a long time.
- Pursuing Power and Light (Johns Hopkins Introductory Studies in the History of Science)
- Hidden Warships: Finding World War II's Abandoned, Sunk, and Preserved Warships
- The Historiography of Contemporary Science, Technology, and Medicine: Writing Recent Science (Routledge Studies in the History of Science, Technology and Medicine)
- Nexus: Strategic Communications and American Security in World War I (Harvard Historical Studies)
- Renaissance Ethnography and the Invention of the Human: New Worlds, Maps and Monsters (Cambridge Social and Cultural Histories)
- Thirteen: The Apollo Flight That Failed
Additional info for Cultivating Commerce: Cultures of Botany in Britain and France, 1760–1815 (Science in History)
Cultivating Commerce: Cultures of Botany in Britain and France, 1760–1815 (Science in History) by Sarah Easterby-Smith