By Heidi A. Campbell
Digital Religion bargains a severe and systematic survey of the examine of faith and new media. It covers non secular engagement with quite a lot of new media types and highlights examples of latest media engagement in all 5 of the foremost global religions. From cellphones and games to blogs and moment existence, the book:
- provides a close evaluate of significant topics
- includes a sequence of case reports to demonstrate and elucidate the thematic explorations
- considers the theoretical, moral and theological concerns raised.
Drawing jointly the paintings of specialists from key disciplinary views, Digital Religion is useful for college kids desirous to advance a deeper realizing of the field.
Read or Download Digital Religion: Understanding Religious Practice in New Media Worlds PDF
Best social aspects of the internet books
Billions of bucks are being spent nationally and globally on supplying computing entry to digitally deprived teams and cultures with an expectation that pcs and the net may end up in larger socio-economic mobility. This ethnographic research of social computing within the relevant Himalayas, India, investigates replacement social practices with new applied sciences and media among a inhabitants that's for the main half undocumented.
Singularity Hypotheses: a systematic and Philosophical evaluate deals authoritative, jargon-free essays and important commentaries on accelerating technological growth and the inspiration of technological singularity. It specializes in conjectures concerning the intelligence explosion, transhumanism, and full mind emulation.
Amassing brief concept items through a few of the major thinkers at the rising 'Immersive Internet', energy and Teigland's booklet questions what a extra immersive and intimate net – in line with social media, augmented fact, digital worlds, on-line video games, 3D net and past – may possibly suggest for society and for every people.
Well known media pupil Sherry Turkle investigates how a flight from dialog undermines our relations, creativity, and productivity—and why reclaiming face-to-face dialog can assist us regain misplaced floor. we are living in a technological universe during which we're constantly speaking. And but we now have sacrificed dialog for mere connection.
- Multiple Access Communications: 9th International Workshop, MACOM 2016, Aalborg, Denmark, November 21-22, 2016, Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Security and Privacy in Communication Networks: 11th International Conference, SecureComm 2015, Dallas, TX, USA, October 26-29, 2015, Revised Selected ... and Telecommunications Engineering)
- Informatics in Schools: Improvement of Informatics Knowledge and Perception: 9th International Conference on Informatics in Schools: Situation, Evolution, ... (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Pervasive Health: State-of-the-art and Beyond (Human–Computer Interaction Series)
- Information Behavior: An Evolutionary Instinct: 16 (Information Science and Knowledge Management)
- Hacked: A Radical Approach to Hacker Culture and Crime (Alternative Criminology)
Extra info for Digital Religion: Understanding Religious Practice in New Media Worlds
Digital Religion: Understanding Religious Practice in New Media Worlds by Heidi A. Campbell