By Sreekrishnan Venkateswaran
“Probably the main broad ranging and whole Linux gadget driving force e-book I’ve read.”
--Alan Cox, Linux Guru and Key Kernel Developer
“Very accomplished and certain, masking virtually each Linux equipment driving force type.”
--Theodore Ts’o, First Linux Kernel Developer in North the USA and leader Platform Strategist of the Linux Foundation
The such a lot sensible consultant to Writing Linux equipment Drivers
Linux now bargains a really strong surroundings for driving force improvement: with today’s kernels, what as soon as required years of improvement time may be entire in days. during this functional, example-driven booklet, one of many world’s such a lot skilled Linux driving force builders systematically demonstrates the way to strengthen trustworthy Linux drivers for almost any gadget. Essential Linux equipment Drivers is for any programmer with a operating wisdom of working platforms and C, together with programmers who've by no means written drivers sooner than. Sreekrishnan Venkateswaran makes a speciality of the necessities, bringing jointly the entire techniques and methods you wish, whereas warding off themes that basically subject in hugely really expert events. Venkateswaran starts through reviewing the Linux 2.6 kernel functions which are such a lot proper to driving force builders. He introduces uncomplicated gadget periods; then turns to serial buses equivalent to I2C and SPI; exterior buses reminiscent of PCMCIA, PCI, and USB; video, audio, block, community, and instant gadget drivers; user-space drivers; and drivers for embedded Linux–one of today’s quickest starting to be parts of Linux improvement. for every, Venkateswaran explains the expertise, inspects proper kernel resource documents, and walks via constructing a whole example.
• Addresses drivers mentioned in no different booklet, together with drivers for I2C, video, sound, PCMCIA, and types of flash memory
• Demystifies crucial kernel prone and amenities, together with kernel threads and helper interfaces
• Teaches polling, asynchronous notification, and I/O control
• Introduces the Inter-Integrated Circuit Protocol for embedded Linux drivers
• Covers multimedia machine drivers utilizing the Linux-Video subsystem and Linux-Audio framework
• exhibits how Linux implements help for instant applied sciences comparable to Bluetooth, Infrared, WiFi, and mobile networking
• Describes the total driving force improvement lifecycle, via debugging and maintenance
• contains reference appendixes protecting Linux meeting, BIOS calls, and Seq files
Read Online or Download Essential Linux Device Drivers (Pearson Open Source Software Development Series) PDF
Best software development books
Written through the creators of MySQL and edited through essentially the most hugely revered MySQL authors, the MySQL Administrator's advisor and Language Reference is the legit consultant to fitting MySQL, to establishing and administering MySQL databases, and to storing and retrieving information in those databases. This re-creation combines into one publication the MySQL Language Reference (on CD) with the sensible details of the MySQL Administrator's advisor publication.
Up to date counsel on how one can make the most of the most recent gains of SharePoint programmability greater than easily a portal, SharePoint is Microsoft's well known content material administration resolution for construction intranets and internet sites or webhosting wikis and blogs. providing extensive insurance on all features of improvement for the SharePoint platform, this entire ebook indicates you precisely what SharePoint does, how you can construct recommendations, and what gains are available inside SharePoint.
First released in 1998, this textbook is a extensive yet rigourous survey of the theoretical foundation for the layout, definition and implementation of programming languages and of structures for specifying and proving programme behaviour. either critical and practical programming are coated, in addition to the methods of integrating those facets into extra common languages.
Key FeaturesDevelop abilities to run Puppet four. 10 on unmarried or a number of servers with out hiccupsUse Puppet to spin up and deal with cloud assets resembling Amazon EC2 instancesTake complete good thing about the strong new good points of Puppet four. 10, together with loops, info kinds, established proof, R10K module administration, keep an eye on repos, and EPP templatesBook DescriptionPuppet four.
- Objektorientierte Programmierung in Oberon-2 (German Edition)
- Systematisches Testen als analytische Qualitätssicherungsmaßnahme im Software-Entwicklungsprozess (Stand 1995) (German Edition)
- Software Architecture for Big Data and the Cloud
- Agile Produktmanagement mit Scrum: Erfolgreich als Product Owner arbeiten (German Edition)
Additional info for Essential Linux Device Drivers (Pearson Open Source Software Development Series)
Essential Linux Device Drivers (Pearson Open Source Software Development Series) by Sreekrishnan Venkateswaran