By André B. Bondi
“If this ebook have been on hand to Healthcare.gov’s contractors, and so they learn and its existence cycle functionality strategies, there don't have been the big difficulties obvious in that software. In my forty+ years of expertise in development modern items, negative functionality is the one such a lot common explanation for the failure or cancellation of software-intensive tasks. This booklet offers recommendations and abilities essential to enforce functionality engineering at first of a undertaking and deal with it in the course of the product’s lifestyles cycle. i can't suggest it hugely enough.”
– Don Shafer, CSDP, Technical Fellow, Athens crew, LLC
Poor functionality is a widespread reason for software program undertaking failure. functionality engineering will be tremendous tough. In Foundations of software program and System Performance Engineering, leading software program functionality specialist Dr. André Bondi is helping you create powerful functionality necessities up entrance, after which architect, enhance, attempt, and carry platforms that meet them.
Drawing on decades of expertise at Siemens, AT&T Labs, Bell Laboratories, and startups, Bondi bargains sensible information for each software program stakeholder and improvement workforce player. He indicates you the way to outline and use metrics; plan for varied workloads; assessment scalability, means, and responsiveness; and try either person parts and whole structures. all through, Bondi is helping you hyperlink functionality engineering with every thing else you do within the software program existence cycle, so that you can in attaining the ideal performance–now and within the future–at cheaper price and with much less pain.
This advisor might help you
• Mitigate the enterprise and engineering threat linked to bad approach performance
• Specify procedure functionality standards in enterprise and engineering terms
• determine metrics for evaluating functionality requisites with real performance
• ascertain the accuracy of measurements
• Use easy mathematical versions to make predictions, plan functionality assessments, and count on the influence of alterations to the approach or the burden positioned upon it
• stay away from universal functionality and scalability mistakes
• make clear company and engineering has to be chuffed by way of given degrees of throughput and reaction time
• contain functionality engineering into agile processes
• aid stakeholders of a method make higher performance-related decisions
• deal with stakeholders’ expectancies approximately process functionality through the software program existence cycle, and bring a software program product with caliber performance
André B. Bondi is a senior employees engineer at Siemens Corp., company applied sciences in Princeton, New Jersey. His specialties comprise functionality standards, functionality research, modeling, simulation, and checking out. Bondi has utilized his business and educational event to the answer of functionality concerns in lots of challenge domain names. as well as preserving a doctorate in laptop technology and a master’s in facts, he's a professional Scrum Master.
Read Online or Download Foundations of Software and System Performance Engineering: Process, Performance Modeling, Requirements, Testing, Scalability, and Practice PDF
Best software development books
Written through the creators of MySQL and edited by way of the most hugely revered MySQL authors, the MySQL Administrator's advisor and Language Reference is the reliable consultant to fitting MySQL, to developing and administering MySQL databases, and to storing and retrieving information in those databases. This re-creation combines into one e-book the MySQL Language Reference (on CD) with the sensible details of the MySQL Administrator's advisor ebook.
Up-to-date tips on the right way to reap the benefits of the most recent good points of SharePoint programmability greater than easily a portal, SharePoint is Microsoft's well known content material administration resolution for development intranets and internet sites or webhosting wikis and blogs. supplying huge insurance on all facets of improvement for the SharePoint platform, this entire e-book exhibits you precisely what SharePoint does, the best way to construct recommendations, and what gains are available inside SharePoint.
First released in 1998, this textbook is a large yet rigourous survey of the theoretical foundation for the layout, definition and implementation of programming languages and of structures for specifying and proving programme behaviour. either critical and useful programming are coated, in addition to the methods of integrating those features into extra common languages.
Key FeaturesDevelop talents to run Puppet four. 10 on unmarried or a number of servers with no hiccupsUse Puppet to spin up and deal with cloud assets equivalent to Amazon EC2 instancesTake complete good thing about the robust new gains of Puppet four. 10, together with loops, info varieties, dependent proof, R10K module administration, regulate repos, and EPP templatesBook DescriptionPuppet four.
- Adobe Interactive Forms - Interaktive Formulare in SAP (German Edition)
- The Software Project Manager's Bridge to Agility (Agile Software Development Series)
- Better Software. Faster!: Best Practices in Virtual Prototyping
- Configuration Management: Theory, Practice, and Application
Extra resources for Foundations of Software and System Performance Engineering: Process, Performance Modeling, Requirements, Testing, Scalability, and Practice
Foundations of Software and System Performance Engineering: Process, Performance Modeling, Requirements, Testing, Scalability, and Practice by André B. Bondi