By Graham Hollister-Short,Frank James
Read Online or Download History of Technology Volume 14 PDF
Best history of technology & engineering books
This attention-grabbing booklet may be of as a lot curiosity to engineers as to paintings historians, analyzing because it does the evolution of computer layout method from the Renaissance to the Age of Machines within the nineteenth century. It offers specific research, evaluating layout suggestions of engineers of the fifteenth century Renaissance and the nineteenth century age of machines from a workshop culture to the rational clinical self-discipline used this day.
Praised for its skill to kill bugs successfully and cost effectively and reviled as an ecological probability, DDT keeps to engender ardour around the political spectrum as one of many world's so much arguable chemical insecticides. In DDT and the yankee Century, David Kinkela chronicles using DDT all over the world from 1941 to the current with a specific specialize in the U.S., which has performed a severe function in encouraging the worldwide use of the pesticide.
It is a advisor to the sector identity and laboratory research of metal slags present in archaeological sites.
Good prior to the innovation of maps, gazetteers served because the major geographic referencing process for centuries. including a really good index of position names, gazetteers commonly associated descriptive parts with topographic positive factors and coordinates. putting Names is galvanized via that culture of discursive place-making and by way of modern ways to electronic facts administration that experience revived the gazetteer and guided its improvement in fresh many years.
- Great Inventions that Changed the World
- Evolution of Metal Casting Technologies: A Historical Perspective (SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology)
- Inventing the American Astronaut (Palgrave Studies in the History of Science and Technology)
- Mary Somerville: Science, Illumination, and the Female Mind (Cambridge Science Biographies)
- Invention and Innovation: The Social Context of Technological Change 2: Egypt, the Aegean and the Near East, 1650-1150 B.C.
- Portsmouth Firefighting (Images of America)
Additional resources for History of Technology Volume 14
History of Technology Volume 14 by Graham Hollister-Short,Frank James