By Robert B. Gordon,Patrick M. Malone
Read Online or Download The Texture of Industry: An Archaeological View of the Industrialization of North America PDF
Best history of technology & engineering books
This interesting publication can be of as a lot curiosity to engineers as to paintings historians, analyzing because it does the evolution of desktop layout method from the Renaissance to the Age of Machines within the nineteenth century. It offers unique research, evaluating layout innovations of engineers of the fifteenth century Renaissance and the nineteenth century age of machines from a workshop culture to the rational clinical self-discipline used this day.
Praised for its skill to kill bugs successfully and affordably and reviled as an ecological danger, DDT keeps to engender ardour around the political spectrum as one of many world's such a lot debatable chemical insecticides. In DDT and the yankee Century, David Kinkela chronicles using DDT world wide from 1941 to the current with a specific concentrate on the U.S., which has performed a serious function in encouraging the worldwide use of the pesticide.
It is a advisor to the sphere id and laboratory research of steel slags present in archaeological sites.
Good earlier than the innovation of maps, gazetteers served because the major geographic referencing process for centuries. inclusive of a really good index of position names, gazetteers generally associated descriptive parts with topographic beneficial properties and coordinates. putting Names is galvanized by means of that culture of discursive place-making and by means of modern ways to electronic facts administration that experience revived the gazetteer and guided its improvement in contemporary a long time.
- Science and Technology in Colonial America (The Greenwood Press Daily Life Through History Series: Science and Technology in Everyday Life)
- Everyday Technology: Machines and the Making of India's Modernity (science.culture)
- Empty Pleasures: The Story of Artificial Sweeteners from Saccharin to Splenda
- The Gold Crusades: A Social History of Gold Rushes, 1849-1929: A Social History of the Gold Rushes, 1849-1929 (Heritage)
- Technology in Postwar America: A History
- The Disappearance of the Social in American Social Psychology
Additional resources for The Texture of Industry: An Archaeological View of the Industrialization of North America
The Texture of Industry: An Archaeological View of the Industrialization of North America by Robert B. Gordon,Patrick M. Malone